Thursday, February 26, 2009

Love Dare Day #7

In the Love Dare book by Stephen and Alex Kendrick, they write about the positive and negative things we hide in our hearts and how these things impact our thoughts and actions. When we dwell on the positive, positive thoughts and actions are the outcome. When we dwell on the negative, which are lies from Satan, Negative thoughts and actions are the outcome. The Love Dare gives an assignment similar to this:

Get two sheets of paper. On the first one, make a list of all the positive things about yourself and positive things you strive to be. On the second one, make a list of all the negative things you think about yourself. Save these lists for the next two assignments.

Pray and ask God to make you more like him. Pray for discernment and confidence and faith. Pray that He would break down walls and reveal any hidden sin that keeps you from a more intimate relationship with Him. I pray that you will experience the 'oneness' that exist between you and Christ. That you will feel the love that He pours into you.

As soon as I pray, you answer me;you encourage me by giving me strength. Psalm 138:3

Jesus Prays for All Believers
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:20-23

No comments: